Dear Charter Members and Website Visitors — whether you are a first time visitor, a regular non-member visitor, a citizen of a member municipality, a Charter member, a recognised and listed contact person for your municipality to the Charter — please note that we have updated our Privacy Policies. We take your privacy seriously and encourage you to review this information closely.
The Charter of European Rural Communities (the “Charter”) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This Privacy Statement tells you about your privacy rights and sets out how we, as a Data Controller, collect, use, process and disclose your personal data relating to your interactions with our website, www.europeancharter.eu as well as by other means. We take your privacy seriously and encourage you to review this information closely.
The updated Privacy Policies are available Here. Highlights include:
- We agree to adhere to the European Union (“EU”) General Data Protection Regulations (“GDPR”) in recognition of the importance in ensuring the protection of user information.
- We clarify that we do not knowingly collect PII from anyone under the age of 16.
- We ensure a European Union General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) approved mechanism will be in place with our third party partners as required.
- We clarify that the only third party partners with access to any PII information are our partner municipalities and that these partners have access ONLY to the approved and verified Municipality Contact List and for the purpose of Charter activities ONLY.
- We direct European Union data subjects as to how they may lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
Please take a moment to review these updates. If you have any questions or concerns regarding these changes, or if you do not agree and would like us to remove your information, please contact us at [email protected].
Details on Opting Out or Access Request Policy are available Here.
Details on our data breach policy are available Here.
You can find our GDPR Form Here.
You can contact our Data Protection Person Here
Thank you for your continued support of the Charter of European Rural Communities.