Using a Quiz is always funny and interessting at the same time. Here is one example we want to share with you. But feel free to create your own Climate Change Quiz.
You also can download the Quiz here: Climate Change Quiz.pdf
1) The dominant greenhouse gas in our atmosphere is:
A. Carbon Dioxide
C. Water Vapour
D. Nitrous Oxides
2) True or False:
Solar activity is influencing the global climate causing the world to get warmer
3) Which planet has been described as the product of greenhouse gases?
4) How many human deaths each year contribute to climate change?
5) How long does it take Carbon dioxide to disperse in the atmosphere
A. 1 year
B. 10 year
C. 50 years
D. 100 years
6) Which of the following industries could be negatively affected by global warming?
B. Commercial Fishing
C. Wine Making
D. All of the above
7) Recycling just one plastic bottle can save the same amount of energy needed to power a 60 watt light bulb for:
B. 1 hour
C. 6 hours
8) By recycling 1 ton of paper you save:
A.500 lbs. of air pollution
C.400 gallons of oil
D.7,000 gallons of water
E. All of the above
9) Which natural resource is not an ingredient in manufacturing glass bottles?
C. Soda Ash
10) How many years does it take a single aluminium can to decompose?
A. 20-40 years
B. 60-80 years
C. 80-100 years
11) Recycling just two glass bottles saves enough energy to boil water for how many cups of tea?
A. 1 cup
B. 3 Cup
C. 5 Cups
D. 7 Cups
12) Which action does not save energy in your home?
A. Turning all appliances to stand-by when not in use
B. Turning off and unplugging all appliances when not in use
C. Turning off all lights when not in the room
D. Leaving lights on in only the rooms you are moving between
13) Which of the following would have the biggest impact on reducing carbon emissions?
A. Growing our own vegetables
B. Stopping Deforestation
C. Taking all fossil-fuel burning vehicles off the road
D. Shutting down all fossil fuel power plants.
14) What percentage of cell phones is recycled?
15) What product(s) can be made from the materials recovered from recycled cell phones?
D. All of the above
Water vapour creates what scientists call a ‘positive feedback loop’ in the atmosphere — making any temperature changes larger than they would be otherwise (IPCC)
Between the 1960s and the present day the same solar measurements have shown that the energy from the sun is now decreasing.
Carl Sagan studies over Venus’s atmosphere led to his concern over planet Earth
The World Heath Organization contributes 150,000 deaths per year on the effects of global warming include extreme weather, drought, heat waves, decreased food production, and the increase of the spread of disease. (The World Heath Organization)
100 years (National Geographic) which means that the effects would be felt decades after.
All the above, global warming interconnects all of these industries.
All of the above
Dirt is not a main component in manufacturing glass
It takes the average aluminium can 80-100 years to decompose
Recycling two bottles saves enough energy to boil water for five cups of tea.
Leaving the lights on only in the rooms you are moving in-between.
Shutting down fossil-fuel plants and moving to clean, renewable energy sources such as the sun and wind would have the biggest impact. Coal-based plants are the least carbon-efficient power stations.
14. In 2007, cell phones were recycled at a rate of approximately 10 percent.
15. Almost all of the materials used to manufacture a cell phone can be recovered to make new products. Metals, plastics, batteries and the packaging materials can be recycled and turned into new products.